Acme Laboratories Ltd.
Bet-A is indicated for
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Lichen planus
- Contact dermatitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Drug hypersensitivity reactions
- Perennial or seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Serum sickness
- Transfusion reactions
- Severe erythema multiforme (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
- Acute gouty arthritis
- Acute rheumatic carditis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Psoriatic plaques
- inflammatory disorders
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
Precautions and warnings
Uncontrolled diabetes, peptic ulcer, osteoporosis, psychosis, psychoneurosis, pregnancy, and lactation are all risks associated with pregnancy and lactation. glaucoma, hypothyroidism, cirrhosis, ocular herpes simplex, ulcerative colitis, infants and children, continuous monitoring of patients on long-term therapy, gradual withdrawal, glaucoma, hypothyroidism, cirrhosis, ocular herpes simplex, ulcerative colitis, infants and children
- fluid retention
- calcium depletion. Muscle wasting
- osteoporosis. GI disturbances
- bleeding. Increased appetite
- delayed wound healing; hirsutism
- acne; raised intracranial pressure
- menstrual irregularities. Hyperglycaemia
- DM. Suppression of pituitary-adrenocortical axis. Growth retardation in children (prolonged therapy). Increased susceptibility for infections. Topical use: Dermal atrophy
- local irritation
- hypertrichosis. Inhalation: Hoarseness
- candidiasis of mouth
- throat. Topical application to the eye: Corneal ulcers
- raised IOP
- reduced visual acuity. Intradermal injection: Local hypopigmentation of deeply pigmented skin. Intra-articular injection: Joint damage
- esp in load bearing joints.
Potentially Fatal: Abrupt withdrawal leading to acute adrenal insufficiency manifesting as malaise
- mental changes
- joint pains
- death. Rapid IV inj may cause CV collapse.
Thiazide diuretics cause hyperglycemia and hypokalaemia. Increased risk of peptic ulcers or GI bleeding when taking NSAIDs at the same time. The anticoagulant response has changed. Anti-diabetic and hypertension doses should be raised. Reduces salicylate and antimuscarinic agent concentrations in the blood.
Concurrent use of carbamazepine, phenytoin, primidone, barbiturates, and rifampicin has been shown to reduce efficacy. Women who use estrogens or oral contraceptives have a stronger effect.
Hypersensitivity, systemic fungal or acute infections.
Mode of actions
Betamethasone is a corticosteroid that primarily acts as a glucocorticoid. It reduces the rate of protein synthesis, inhibits the migration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes and fibroblasts, and reverses capillary permeability and lysosomal stabilization to prevent and regulate inflammation.
Dosage & Administration
Allergic and inflammatory disorders
Adult: 0.5-5 mg daily.
Child: For inflammatory conditions: >12 yr: 0.0175-0.125 mg base/kg daily, dose may be divided every 6-12 hr.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Although animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women, but during pregnancy, this medicine can be used just when definitely required despite potential risks.
Mothers with a newborn baby who have used this drug during the last 3 months of pregnancy may seldom create symptoms including drowsiness, muscle stiffness or shakiness, feeding or breathing troubles, constant crying. If you notice any of these symptoms of your baby's particularly during their first month, tell the doctor immediately.
This medicine passes into breast milk. Talk to your doctor before breastfeeding.
Pack Size & Price
The information available on this medicine is only for informational purposes.
Never take Bet-A without consulting the doctor.
Even, don't take Bet-A which has been given by the doctor for other persons
although you guys have the same disease. The above price of Bet-A may differ
from the actual price in the local market for a variety of reasons, including local taxes and other factors.
This is the only approximate indicative price of this medicine.